The Future of Work is arriving All sorts of programmes are in the wind designed to facilitate startups and scaleups in particular.
PwC and Swiftscale have just completed a 12 week accelerator programme entitled The Future of Work – for a number of startups with the potential to transform the workplace through scalable innovation.
The 12 week programme took 12 B2B start-ups and supported their growth through a combination of executive mentoring, corporate introductions and a business development curriculum, including masterclasses from sales and marketing experts, extensive corporate introductions and guidance from industry specialists at PwC, and sponsors Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Sage, along with a carefully curated group of executive mentors. They were enabled to pitch their progress and showcase their products to an audience of enterprise executives, investors, entrepreneurs and community influencers.
The businesses include:
- a programme for managing extended workforce networks,
- a cloud-based digital coaching programme,
- another for improving feed-back and boosting performance,
- a programme that provides support for business relocation,
- a data-base of business talent – consultants etc
- an out-sourced data-base analytics service,
- a programme for simplifying the calculations in business planning,
- a programme for promoting security in authentication and verification, and
- a programme for asset management – protection, broader use, monetisation etc.
Google Campus is proud to find itself using a startup from its own cohorts, that manages audience interaction – Google uses it for its own Demo Days.
Touchpaper is a not-for-profit backed by eight major players including Cap Gemini, Nesta, Tech City and the Digital Catapult, on a mission to make it easier for startups and corporates to work together – by fostering an environment that promotes collaboration, innovation and value creation between the parties, and where business processes deliver appropriate relationships, and revenue and results. It provides an instant tool-kit whose guides help you to navigate strategy, communication and buy-in, engagement and decision making, legal and procurement.
John Whatmore, 2017