Are there magic potions for turning ideas into innovations?
In a world increasingly pre-occupied by innovation, research is giving way to experimentation. The ‘test of time’ is less easy to apply: by the moment when time may reveal its conclusions, something new will have replaced what we were testing. Thus the concept of Action Learning is becoming increasingly relevant – trying something out and learning from how it went; and with it so is ‘process’ – how we do what we do. This site is all about sharing experience and the turning of ideas into innovations.
Material on the site is divided into five overlapping areas – each of these leads to separate sections of the site which provide material, information, and contacts.
- Early-stage ventures – Incubators, science parks, angel groups and accelerators
- Larger organisations – open innovation, managing innovation, delivering innovation
- Academia – startup spaces, spinouts, collaboration, outreach
- Supportership – champions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating, learning
- Opportunities – IT, Creative Industries, Life Sciences, Hi-value manufacturing
Most recent material published:
- Does Puerto Rico’s success with an Accelerator have a message for us? (5/16/2019) - The worse the economic circumstances, the greater the opportunity for startups – maybe. Does this story about Puerto Rico point to a way for helping disadvantaged areas in the UK ?In Puerto Rico’s deepening recession, two small startup generators, funded by … Continue reading
- Mentoring: fitting Empathy in (4/17/2019) - Mentoring; fitting Empathy in Why is effective mentoring so difficult to deliver? There are many well known examples, Einstein, Ghandi and Martha Graham among them. Oprah Winfrey cites author and poet Maya Angelou; Bill Gates names Warren Buffet; Bob Dylon’s was … Continue reading
- Imperial takes the lead in mentoring – from MIT (4/4/2019) - Imperial takes its lead in mentoring from MIT Imperial has appointed an outstanding head to manage its mentoring service, with clear plans for how it shall work and for growing it to meet a fast growing need. The President of Imperial, … Continue reading