Are there magic potions for turning ideas into innovations?
In a world increasingly pre-occupied by innovation, research is giving way to experimentation. The ‘test of time’ is less easy to apply: by the moment when time may reveal its conclusions, something new will have replaced what we were testing. Thus the concept of Action Learning is becoming increasingly relevant – trying something out and learning from how it went; and with it so is ‘process’ – how we do what we do. This site is all about sharing experience and the turning of ideas into innovations.
It aims to bring together the experts and practitioners and their work on innovation in different fields and to help people to draw from each others experience to generate successful innovations.
Material on the site is divided into five overlapping areas – each of these leads to separate sections of the site which provide material, information, and contacts.
- Early-stage ventures – Incubators, science parks, angel groups and accelerators
- Larger organisations – open innovation, managing innovation, delivering innovation
- Academia – startup spaces, spinouts, collaboration, outreach
- Supportership – champions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating, learning
- Opportunities – IT, Creative Industries, Life Sciences, Hi-value manufacturing