Are there magic potions for turning ideas into innovations?
In a world increasingly pre-occupied by innovation, research is giving way to experimentation. The ‘test of time’ is less easy to apply: by the moment when time may reveal its conclusions, something new will have replaced what we were testing. Thus the concept of Action Learning is becoming increasingly relevant – trying something out and learning from how it went; and with it so is ‘process’ – how we do what we do. This site is all about sharing experience and the turning of ideas into innovations.
Material on the site is divided into five overlapping areas – each of these leads to separate sections of the site which provide material, information, and contacts.
- Early-stage ventures – Incubators, science parks, angel groups and accelerators
- Larger organisations – open innovation, managing innovation, delivering innovation
- Academia – startup spaces, spinouts, collaboration, outreach
- Supportership – champions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating, learning
- Opportunities – IT, Creative Industries, Life Sciences, Hi-value manufacturing
Most recent material published:
- I’m retiring: as past my sell-by date! But… (4/22/2020) - I have written regularly about innovation for a number of years. I was Chair of a very early VC group. I wrote first in the form of a newsletter – with links to useful news items; but over the last … Continue reading
- Barclays has run Accelerators with Techstars for several years (3/12/2020) - Barclays innovation initiatives are housed not in Barclays offices but in startup oases, and with startup regimes Barclays runs four startup initiatives, the first in London, the second in New York; one in Tel Aviv and another in Mumbai. The … Continue reading
- An Accelerator on internet marketing (1/15/2020) - An Accelerator programme full of startups seeking to commercialise innovations in internet marketing As social media increasingly become the prime source of contact between people, so campaigners are exploring different ways of using this to their advantage. Despite its ability … Continue reading