Are there magic potions for turning ideas into innovations?
In a world increasingly pre-occupied by innovation, research is giving way to experimentation. The ‘test of time’ is less easy to apply: by the moment when time may reveal its conclusions, something new will have replaced what we were testing. Thus the concept of Action Learning is becoming increasingly relevant – trying something out and learning from how it went; and with it so is ‘process’ – how we do what we do. This site is all about sharing experience and the turning of ideas into innovations.
Material on the site is divided into five overlapping areas – each of these leads to separate sections of the site which provide material, information, and contacts.
- Early-stage ventures – Incubators, science parks, angel groups and accelerators
- Larger organisations – open innovation, managing innovation, delivering innovation
- Academia – startup spaces, spinouts, collaboration, outreach
- Supportership – champions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating, learning
- Opportunities – IT, Creative Industries, Life Sciences, Hi-value manufacturing
Most recent material published:
- A Pathfinder’s pathway (2/7/2019) - A Pathfinder’s pathway Jack is a creater of Accelerators. With a seemingly endless appetite for more, how many can he handle? With about 130 new business support programmes started in the last three years, where do leaders like him come … Continue reading
- A Pathfinder in Incubation (2/6/2019) - A Pathfinder in Incubation Academic turned entrepreneur starts another boutique incubator that is more like a permanent accelerator; and plans another, and another. To-morrow: The Pathfinder’s pathway: with about 130 new business support programmes started in the last three years, … Continue reading
- London South Bank University’s Enterprise Initiatives (1/21/2019) - London South Bank University’s Enterprise Initiatives LSBU has been a leader in a small field of universities – with its incubators for young businesses; and won itself the top Enterprise Award in 2016 for Universities and Higher Education establishments. LSBU houses … Continue reading