Are there magic potions for turning ideas into innovations?
In a world increasingly pre-occupied by innovation, research is giving way to experimentation. The ‘test of time’ is less easy to apply: by the moment when time may reveal its conclusions, something new will have replaced what we were testing. Thus the concept of Action Learning is becoming increasingly relevant – trying something out and learning from how it went; and with it so is ‘process’ – how we do what we do. This site is all about sharing experience and the turning of ideas into innovations.
Material on the site is divided into five overlapping areas – each of these leads to separate sections of the site which provide material, information, and contacts.
- Early-stage ventures – Incubators, science parks, angel groups and accelerators
- Larger organisations – open innovation, managing innovation, delivering innovation
- Academia – startup spaces, spinouts, collaboration, outreach
- Supportership – champions, mentoring, coaching, facilitating, learning
- Opportunities – IT, Creative Industries, Life Sciences, Hi-value manufacturing
Most recent material published:
- Ten trends in Business Nurseries (7/25/2018) - Ten trends in Business Nurseries Co-working spaces growing in number; and providing increasing support Startups declining in number, (despite apparent continuing increase in self-employment) with a higher proportion in tech fields Entrepreneurialism continues its attraction; but focuses on founders more … Continue reading
- Incubator spawns Accelerator programmes (7/4/2018) - Incubator ‘DMZ’ spawns specialised Accelerator programmes and wins accolades for Toronto Toronto is proving to be a hot spot for boosting businesses, with three local incubators and accelerators now ranked among the world’s top university-backed launchpads for startup companies. The Digital Marketing Zone … Continue reading
- What makes for successful project group leaders? (6/20/2018) - What makes for successful project group leaders People whose objective is to address tough problems start with different issues. Projects of this kind require different characteristics for successful leadership. The Gates Foundation starts with health issues; the Scottish Government’s CivTech programme … Continue reading